Hi there and welcome to Gluten Free Travelette!
My name is Adina and I write about traveling and exploring the world with food intolerances, cooking gluten free with real ingredients, and growing my own food. I live in Seattle, Washington with my wonderful husband and our Vizsla, Parsley.
Although I've been blogging off and on since 2005 my current "day job" and all the travel it entails prompted me to start Gluten Free Travelette in 2010. I've been gluten free since 2009 and I currently travel out of state about twice a month - this presents both challenges and some awesome opportunities to explore.
Before I travel, I meticulously research where I can eat and where I can buy real food I will actually enjoy. After testing my findings, I'll write a review and list them here. Since traveling is about more than just food, I also write reviews about places to stay and things to do. You'll find that most of things to do involve the outdoors as I absolutely love to hike and explore.
As far as food goes, I don't eat gluten, cow's milk or cheese, soy, grapes, and some varieties of berries because they make me ill. However, I like to focus on my favorite things TO eat including; nectarines, fruit pies, sheep milk yogurt, hazelnuts, ikura, lemon bars, and homemade gluten free bread. Speaking of homemade, if I could make every meal from scratch, I would. I love cooking and baking - it's my happy place where I relax and create. My food intolerances have led me towards eating a greater variety of foods and for that I am incredibly thankful.
What else should you know about me?
- I have a thing for super-foods, struggle with eating meat, and generally feel guilty when I don't cook things entirely from scratch.
- I'm a planner and an organizer to the extreme; I love planning trips, conferences, events, parties, menus, and everything in between.
- I'm a maker. Knitting and sewing are my primary outlets aside from cooking. I particularly enjoy making useful and practical items, like curtains, make up brush rolls, and my own clothes.
- I've got two degrees in international policy, so I love to chat about what's going on in the world.
- My absolute favorite place I've ever traveled to is New Zealand. Hands down, it's my favorite.
Interested in collaborating with me? Well, I'm probably interested in collaborating with you! I'd love to hear your idea - whether it be travel, food, or garden related!
You can contact me at glutenfreetravelette [at] gmail [dot] com.